Adobe Flash Player is software for viewing animations and movies using computer programs such as a web browser. Flash Player is a widely distributed proprietary multimedia and application player created by Macromedia and now developed and distributed by Adobe Systems after its acquisition. Flash Player runs SWF files that can be created by the Adobe Flashauthoring tool, by Adobe Flex or by a number of other Macromedia and third party tools.
Installed on over 750 million Internet-connected desktops and mobile devices, Flash Player enables organizations and individuals to build and deliver great digital experiences to their end users.
- Immersive experiences with Flash video, content and applications with full-screen mode.
- Low-bandwidth, high-quality video with advanced compression technology.
- High-fidelity text using the advanced text rendering engine.
- Real-time dynamic effects with filters for Blur, DropShadow, Glow, Bevel, Gradient Glow, Gradient Bevel, Displacement Map, Convolution, and Color Matrix.
- Innovative media compositions with 8-bit video alpha channels.
- Blend modes, radial gradient, and stroke enhancements.
- Additional image formats: GIF, Progressive JPEG, and PNG.