Microsoft’s upcoming highly anticipated gaming and entertainment console Xbox One, successor to the Xbox 360 and the third console in the Xbox family of consoles, announced on May 21 in Redmond.
Xbox One will release in November 2013, launching in 21 markets around the world and will compete with Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Nintendo’s Wii U as part of the eighth generation of video game consoles.
“Xbox One is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system built for the 21st century living room — introducing a new world of games, music, live TV, movies, sports, apps and Skype, all personalized to your interests and accessible with the sound of your voice.”
Xbox One will include the new Xbox One console — which features a 500GB hard drive,1 Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi — the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members.
The exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles, available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus content:
• Ryse: Son of Rome – Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
• Forza Motorsport 5 – Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
• Kinect Sports Rivals – Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
• Dead Rising 3 – Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.
“In addition, to celebrate millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member — new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month starting July 1 until Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles such as “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.”
And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold members will receive a free download of “Fable III.”3 For a limited time gamers can also get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play “Killer Instinct: Round One,” with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.”
Launching alongside Xbox One, a new lineup of best-in-class accessories will make your new-generation gaming experiences more immersive, precise and accessible
• Xbox One Wireless Controller – The Xbox controller is refreshed with more than 40 technical and design innovations. Updated directional pad, thumb sticks and contours deliver greater precision and control, while new vibrating impulse triggers offer precise fingertip feedback, bringing an unprecedented level of gameplay immersion.4 The Xbox One Wireless Controller is designed to work in concert with the new Kinect, allowing the two to be paired automatically to create seamless player syncing.
• Xbox One Play & Charge Kit – This kit includes a lithium ion rechargeable battery pack that fits inside the Wireless Controller as well as a charging cable that connects from the Controller to the console. Gamers can play on and on without having to buy a single disposable battery. The new Play & Charge Kit charges twice as fast as its Xbox 360 counterpart and charges during gameplay or when the console is in standby mode. The Kit is available for standalone purchase or as part of the Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit bundle.
• Xbox One Chat Headset – A must-have for fans of online gaming, the new Xbox One Chat Headset, wired to the controller, is designed for long gaming sessions and clear voice chat. With a lightweight and comfortable new design, the mono chat headset features wideband digital audio and a unidirectional microphone. Gamers will love not having to take their hands off the controller to access the microphone mute and volume controls.
Xbox One launch bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 in the U.K. and €499 in European markets and it’ll release in November 2013.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.
Source: Press Release