Bethesda revealed the PC recommended requirements and console space requirements for their upcoming first-person action-adventure shooter, Wolfenstein: The New Order.
The ninth installment in the Wolfenstein series and the first since 1992 developed without the Id Software label; however, developer MachineGames will utilize id Software’s proprietary game engine id Tech 5.
“The system requirements are based on the game being a next-gen experience running at 60fps. These are the system requirements to deliver the PC game as it was intended to be experienced.”
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
- Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
- 4 GB System RAM
- 50 GB free HDD space
- GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Steam account and activation required
And for consoles, Bethesda published the install sizes:
- Hard Drive Requirements: ~47 GB total install
- Voice Commands optional
- Hard Drive requirements: ~47 GB total install
- Kinect support for Voice Commands (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish only)
- Hard Drive requirements: 8 GB minimum
- Game includes 4 discs, including the first disc that is a mandatory installation disc.
- Hard Drive requirements for disc play: 8 GB HDD space
- Hard Drive requirements for PSN download: 17 GB HDD space
“The game takes place during the 1960s in an alternate history world in which the Nazis won World War II.
The player assumes the role of series protagonist William ‘B.J.’ Blazkowicz who is tasked with launching an ‘impossible’ counter-offensive against the Nazi powers that have taken over the world.
Set in Europe, The New Order will have players infiltrating Nazi strongholds and battling legions of enemies, while taking control of ‘super weapons’ that the Nazis have used to dominate Earth.
Three years after the events of Wolfenstein, famed OSA agent Blazkowicz has suffered from amnesia he received at the height of the war due to a secret mission gone awry.
For the last 14 years he has resided in an asylum. After escaping, he finds a harsh new world controlled by a more advanced ‘old’ enemy.”
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be available in North America on May 20 and throughout Europe on May 23, 2014 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.