It is a cross-platformmedia player, with versions for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, GNU, Linux, BeOS, MorphOS, BSD, Solaris, iOS, and eComStation.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
Changes between 2.0.4 and 2.0.5:
- Fix DVB-S delivery system detection
- Fix playback initial synchronization with PulseAudio (however similar bugs in PulseAudio version 2.0 and later still exist)
- Fix file output bug affecting floating point on big endian systems
- Fix crash with some embedded subtitle fonts
- Fix buffer overflow in HTML subtitles parser
- Fix koreus lua parser
- Improve reliability for RTSP streams sent by some IP cameras
- Fix division by 0 in AIFF demuxer
- Fix some MKV crashes when ordered editions have empty or broken links
- Fix SWF potential crash on malformed files.
- Fix crash in Freetype with embedded fonts
- Fix wrong aspect ratio in some cases
- Fix Mpeg-2 audio and video encoders initialization
Mac OS X:
- Fix Reveal-in-Finder for files with non-Western file names
- Fix crash with local statistics disabled
- Fix Time counter UI look
- Fix https streaming
- Fix audio and video track selection: The constant track identifier is now always used. Some functions previously incorrectly used the (moving) index of the track in the table of tracks.
- Update of Asturian, Bengali (India), Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, Galician, Scottish Gaelic, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Malayalam, Polish, Slovak, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Thai translations
- Initial translations for Welsh and Interlingua
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.