It is a cross-platformmedia player, with versions for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, GNU, Linux, BeOS, MorphOS, BSD, Solaris, iOS, and eComStation.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
- 2.0.2 is a major update that fixes a lot of regressions of the 2.0.x branch of VLC.
- 2.0.2 introduces an important number of features for the MacOS platform, notably improving the interface, to be on-par with the classic VLC interface, better performance, removal of font cache and Retina display support.
- 2.0.2 fixes playback on older platforms, like old drivers on Windows XP, PowerPC on OSX or GMA950 on Intel OSX.
- With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 was a major upgrade for VLC.
- 2.0.2 fixes a couple of hundreds of bugs, and adds more than 500 commits on top of 2.0.1.