Naughty Dog released a new Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End video featuring multiplayer tips to help you with the game.
“Join thousands of fortune seekers around the world as you battle for dominance in Uncharted 4’s online multiplayer.
With multiple modes, unlockable characters, upgradeable gear, and thousands of customization combinations, there’s endless content to keep your trigger finger happy.”
Check out the 10 Quick Tips below:
- The opening tutorial takes you through all the basics. Pay attention to the charge melee attacks and in game Store features. You’re awarded the ‘Continue the Adventure’ Trophy just for completing it.
- If you want further practice, check out the Trials Mode. You can hone your skills with throwables, sidekicks, and mysticals. Master your craft before taking it online. You also get the ‘Trials by Fire’ Trophy for completing them all.
- Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork! Uncharted 4 is all about cohesive teamwork and coordination. A well balanced team that plays off each other will be far more successful than a team of lone wolves.
- Don’t be afraid to blindfire in cover or while rushing an enemy. Many weapons, especially shotguns, are perfect for no-aim K.O.-ing.
- Always reload your gun during down time. You never know when that extra bullet or two will be the deciding factor in a close duel.
- Charge melee attacks are perfect for getting the drop on a pre-occupied enemy. Use the many maps’ varied side alleys and alternate paths to know when to sneak up and hamstring your opponent’s assault.
- Don’t be stingy with the throwable items. Keep an eye on their recharge meter, but even better, upgrade to level 2 to get more throwable potential. You can also throw items by aiming with your gun and tapping R1 to throw them longer distances, instead of the standard arch aim.
- Customize your loadouts. Once you start to unlock more items and gear, a well-tailored custom loadout will outperform the presets. And remember, you can save multiple custom loadouts, so feel free to experiment with different styles and equipment.
- Use the traversable environments to your advantage. There are plenty of rope swings to rapidly assault an enemy location or put the aerial takedown on a hapless foe. Super punch them for a one-hit down!
- Get familiar with the multiple sidekick personalities. They each behave differently and knowing how they act is key to getting the most out of them (or knowing how to take them down)!
Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Maps overview and tips:
Battle through the snow covered ruins of an old cathedral in Scotland. Use slides and mining tunnels to cut through the three major lanes of this circular map. Head to the cliff-side area for frantic rope combat and long range sniping battles between opposing perches. The ruins and graveyard at the edge of the woods provide more grounded, cover based play.
– The dig site in the middle of the map gives you access to all of the major areas of Scotland.
– Move through the cover of the cathedral to flank enemies in the ruins or crypt area of the map.
– Use the zip lines for a quick retreat into the two story crypt building from either the cliffs or cathedral.
Madagascar City allows the players to take over the downtown area of King’s Bay. The level has 3 distinct sections Street, Market, & Construction areas that allow the player to explore this colorful locale. The central market area has two perches on either end that give the player a view of the level, but leave them exposed and the kiosks in the market provide plenty of cover for heated close quarter firefights. The Street area is a long, open section that is perfect for sniping. Meanwhile the Construction area provides unique rope traversal from building to building for a quick advance along that side of the map.
– Rather than facing a team of enemies head on in the Market, utilize the side entrances to flank the enemy via the Street and Construction areas
– Use the rope swings in the Construction area to quickly travers from one end of the map to another
– The open area of the Streets is easier to advance down if you have teammates to help you suppress the enemy to allow time to move from cover to cover
Carved into a cliff face overlooking crashing waves, Remnants is a death trap of old secrets. Swing through the tiered ruins and cliffs of rain-battered mountains. Never stay still for long, as this ancient den has many flanking opportunities through rope grapples, caverns, and hidden walkways that always allow for a grim surprise. This map favors players who keep mobile and are not afraid to weave through slippery cliffs with their grapple ropes.
– The center walkway is a powerful defensive position if you have a friend watching your back
– The slide in the middle of the cavern can be used in a pinch to escape and maneuver around your enemies
– The long sightlines in this map are ideal for sniping, but there are plenty of flanking opportunities that can take you by surprise—stay ahead of it and keep moving
Located on a corner of the map long forgotten, Island is a frantic battlefield where players fight through lush jungle and ancient ruins for survival. This Island is home to many treacherous pits and tight quarters where players swing and climb to get the drop on their opponents. The Jungle and Falls areas have long sight lines and good cover. Use the slides in the center caves area for quick escape routes when outnumbered or for fast traversal.
– The three grapple points in the Pit area are a great way to traverse quickly, but leave you vulnerable to gunfire
– The Sniper’s perch at the top of the pit has an impressive sight line through the center caves, allowing players to control the flow of the match
– The falls area has a lot of low cover to make use of, and a grapple point near a spire for flanking
Experience the opulence of the Italian countryside in the dead of night, fighting in decorated galleries and manicured gardens. This level features strong fronts which encourage grouped team fighting in a variety of close-quarter and split-level environments. Cut across the treacherous bridges, avoiding enemy fire, or take sweeping grapple rope paths to regroup quickly with your allies. Twin sniper’s outposts overlook the bridges and out towards the gardens and terrace, allowing players to lend their teams long-distance support.
– Avoid fighting near the Sundial. Due to the lack of cover and long sightlines, this area should only be used for quick traversal.
– Due to the circular direction of movement on this map, and the high mobility traversal paths, flanking is a key element of gameplay here. Always watch your back.
– Enclosed spaces such as the gallery room, as well as the many hallways and underpasses provide many good areas for tactical mysticals like the Wrath of El Dorado or Indra’s Eternity
Take the fight to the Rivers found near Libertalia! Fight throughout the jungle and old buildings that surround a giant lake. The giant lake has many secrets, including slides that lead to a spire with a sniper’s perch at the end of the map. A series of rope swings throughout the map also allow for fun and frantic traversal as you shoot down enemies with your team. Just make sure you land on your feet though– one wrong jump can send you falling to your death!
– Use the Rope Swings on the edge of the map to sneak around enemy squads and flank them
– Feeling outnumbered? Jump into the water in the middle of the map and take the slide down to escape your enemies
– Use an El Dorado on the 1st floor of the buildings to get a surprise attack on enemies hiding in the floor above you
Firefights in the long lost Pirate Colony of Libertalia tend to be brief, brutal, and fast paced. Long, decrepit corridors with plenty of low cover create close combat areas, where the possibility of a quick underwater escape keeps the player on their toes. Both the Pirate Ship crow’s nest and the Lighthouse feature long sightlines to the heart of the battlefield, while the grassy areas near the collapsed house offer a temporary reprieve from the action.
– Bring equipment which is good for flushing enemies while in close quarters–grenades are ideal.
– The upper levels of the surrounding buildings offer a good vantage of the battle and higher ground support could mean the difference between life and death.
– Colony is a small and fast paced map, meaning that players should never linger too long in one place.
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.