Square Enix’s Tomb Raider debuted at No.1 in the UK video game chart with the biggest launch of 2013 to date.
The series reboot launched last week, saw double the launch sales of Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The game also sets a new launch record for the Tomb Raider franchise, moving ahead of 2006’s Tomb Raider: Legend, although it’s worth noting that the game was first “event” launch, with previous entries hitting stores on a Friday.
EA’s SimCity debuted strongly at No.2, despite its widespread server problems, Check out rest of the chart below (previous week here):
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- SimCity (EA)
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Namco)
- The Sims 3: University Life (EA)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Crysis 3 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
Leisure software charts compiled by GFK Chart-Track, © 2005-2011 UKIE LTD