Naughty Dog revealed the details for the third and final DLC bundle for their action-adventure survival horror, The Last of Us.
The Grounded bundle features new trophies, weapons, a mix of single player, multiplayer content and more.
In the DLC, “Grounded Mode will be the hardest challenge you’ll ever face as you try to complete the single player campaign of The Last of Us.
The AI is relentless, smart and brutal – survival will be near impossible. ‘Completed Grounded Mode’ might be one of the most difficult trophies you’ll ever earn.”
The DLC contains The Reclaimed Territories Map Pack featuring four news maps:
- Wharf: Set in the rusted-out docks where Joel encountered Robert, the Wharf map features close quarters gameplay, two snipers nests, and a giant boat. It’s full of good opportunities for climbing, flanking and stealth.
- Capitol: Set in Boston, the Capitol Map features indoor and outdoor gameplay. It encourages the intelligent use of flanking.
- Coal Mine: Set in Colorado, Coal Mine is a winter map that is spotted with abandoned buildings. It’s a spacious map that has long lines of sight and a bridge that’s a perfect perch for snipers. The dynamic snowstorm obscures the view so be on your toes.
- Water Tower: Set in Lincoln, PA, the Water Tower map features two primary chokepoints for some deadly face-to-face confrontations. It’s mainly an outdoor map with a few indoor areas and some very unique lighting. It might seem open but it’s really a tight map that’s perfect for close quarters melee.
New guns and new survival skills will be included in the Grounded Bundle and all new guns, skills are available “to try before you buy” as part of new pre-set load outs.
The Survivalist Weapon Bundle contains four new weapons:
- Survivalist Weapon Bundle: Need more firepower? This is your bundle. The Survivalist Weapon bundle includes the Specter, Double Barrel, Enforcer, and Launcher. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Specter: A silenced assault rifle that’s great if your style is stealth stalker. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Double Barrel: Classic, deadly, double-barrel shotgun. Only 1 loadout point. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Enforcer: Highly accurate pistol but will cost you an extra loadout point.
- Launcher: A weapon that fires small explosives, in the vein of a home-made potato gun. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
Two Survival Skills, Situational Survival Skills and Professional Survival Skills bundle are included as well if you own the season pass.
- The Situational Survival Skills Bundle unlocks four skills: Agility, Awareness, Fortitude, and Scavenger.
- Professional Survival Skills Bundle unlocks four skills: Gunslinger, Bomb Expert, Executioner, and Damage Marker.
And finally everyone (even non-season pass holders), regardless of whether you purchase the content or not, you’ll receive a new weapon – the Full-Auto Rifle with modified burst rifle for free.
Grounded Bundle (excluding weapons and skills) will be included in the Remastered edition. The bundle is part of The Last of Us: Season Pass, which will available for four more weeks until May 13. A release date has yet to be confirmed.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.
Source: PlayStation Blog