Sony Computer Entertainment & Naughty Dog’s action-adventure game, The Last of Us is finally arriving on PC early next year.
Check out the reveal trailer from The Game Awards 2022 in the player below!
“We’ve been anticipating this launch for a while now, and we know many of you have as well. We’re thrilled to be bringing The Last of Us to PC for the first time,” said associate communications manager at Naughty Dog, Faith Ries.
“We were so honored by the reception of The Last of Us Part I when it debuted on the PS5 earlier this year, and we can’t wait to welcome new and returning players on Joel and Ellie’s unforgettable adventure, newly optimized and enhanced for PC.
We’ll have more information about The Last of Us Part I’s PC specs and features closer to release, so please look forward to more ahead of the March launch.”
“The development of The Last of Us Part I on PC provided us with an opportunity to open our game in new ways.” said, The Last of Us Game Director Matthew Gallant.
“We learned a lot from the development of Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection on PC earlier this year, and we can’t wait to make The Last of Us Part I at home on the PC as well.”
“I’m so excited for the new players to journey across America with Joel and Ellie. Not only will they get to experience this beloved story for the first time, but they’ll be playing a game that takes full advantage of modern hardware and incorporates many of the features and improvements we’ve made in the decade since the game was originally released,” Matthew Gallant added.
The whole Naughty Dog team is so ecstatic PC gamers will soon experience the story that has captivated audiences for nearly a decade. It’s been a long time coming, and we so appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for the opportunity to play one of our most beloved titles.
Thank you, and if you are embarking on this journey for the first time or re-living it again, remember: Look for the light.”
Endure and survive. Relive the beloved game that started it all, rebuilt for the PlayStation 5 console. Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters in The Last of Us, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards.
In a ravaged civilization, where infected and hardened survivors run rampant, Joel, a weary protagonist, is hired to smuggle 14-year-old Ellie out of a military quarantine zone. However, what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal cross-country journey.
Includes the complete The Last of Us single-player story and celebrated prequel chapter, Left Behind, which explores the events that changed the lives of Ellie and her best friend Riley forever.
- Rebuilt for PlayStation 5 – Completely rebuilt from the ground up using Naughty Dog’s latest PlayStation 5 engine technology with advanced visual fidelity, fully integrated DualSense wireless controller features, and more.
- A Faithful Remake – Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us and explore the events that changed the lives of Ellie and her best friend Riley forever in the critically acclaimed prequel chapter, Left Behind.
- All-New Experience – A total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay mechanics, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Feel immersed in improved environmental storytelling, effects, facial animations, and enhanced exploration and combat.
The Last of Us PC pre purchase includes the following in-game items:
- Bonus Supplements to upgrade your skillset
- Bonus Weapon Parts to upgrade your arsenal
The Last of Us arrives on March 3, 2023, for PC.