Tango Gameworks and Bethesda pushed back the release date for their upcoming survival-horror, The Evil Within from late August to October, alongside a new trailer & pre-order bonuses.
The new trailer shows actual playtest reactions to the game, get it after the break:
Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks delayed the game to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the “polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience” they set out to create.
Those who pre-order the game will receive The Fighting Chance Pack, which provides players with a handful of additional items that may help them stave off death for a moment longer, it includes:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The Evil Within is in development for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC, set to be released in North America on October 21, October 23 in Australia and October 24, 2014 throughout Europe.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.
Source: Press release