Electronic Arts and DICE detailed the upcoming free and paid downloadable content for Star Wars: Battlefront.
All the players will get free content tomorrow, it includes:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
And then in February, the developers will add more free content that includes: New Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support our larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point.
Turning Point will be available on all maps that support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.
In March, new multiplayer map on Endor that supports Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.
Season Pass holders will get additionally maps, modes and more:
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
Each digital expansion pack will also be available separately, prices are yet to be confirmed.
“At DICE, we’re passionate about what we’ve created with Star Wars Battlefront, and are committed to supporting not only the game but all of our fans over the months ahead.
We can’t wait to keep traveling through the galaxy far, far away, with all of you,” said senior producer Sigurlina Ingvarsdottir.
Star Wars: Battlefront available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.