Bandai Namco Entertainment announced Soulcalibur VI, the next installment in their weapon-based fighting video game series at The Game Awards 2017.
Enter into a new chapter of weapons-based 1 vs 1 fighting with returning fan-favorite characters and all-new gameplay systems.
Soulcalibur VI Announcement Trailer
“Soulcalibur franchise has been the premier 3D weapon-based fighting series since the original Soul Blade released in arcades in 1995.
Soulcalibur VI retains the series’ signature 8-Way Run movement system, providing super smooth 3D movement, while integrating new gameplay systems such as the exciting Reversal Edge. Reversal Edge enables characters to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on their opponent’s actions.
Challenge the computer AI, compete against friends, or challenge fighters from around the world in high-speed dynamic battles with jaw-dropping visual effects.”
Soulcalibur VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords.
Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur to uncover hidden truths with a diverse lineup of new and returning characters with their unique fighting styles including series mainstays; Mitsurugi and Sophitia.
The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. The game tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease.
Soulcalibur VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
- Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
- New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
- Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and
visual fl are.
- Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.
- Gender: Male
- Origin: Bizen, Japan
- Height: 173cm
- Weight: 71kg
- Birthday: June 8
- Blood Type: AB
- Weapon: Japanese Sword
- Weapon Name: Shishi-Oh
- Fighting Style: Shin Tenpu-Kosai-Ryu Kai
- Gender: Female
- Origin: Athens, Ottoman Empire
- Height: 169cm
- Weight: Unknown
- Birthday: March 12
- Blood Type: B
- Weapon: Short Sword and Small Shield
- Weapon Name: Omega Sword & Elk Shield
- Fighting Style: Athenian Style
- Relationships: Achelous (Father), Nike (Mother), Cassandra (Younger Sister), and Lucius (Younger Brother)
New System: Reversal Edge
In Soulcalibur VI, “Reversal Edge” is a new battle system that integrates both offense and defense. Once a Reversal Edge is activated, you can continuously defend against the opponent’s techniques to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on the opponent’s actions.
When a Reversal Edge hits, you can enjoy a powerful production like a scene from an action movie highlighted by a dynamic camera.
“The fast and kinetic gameplay of Soulcalibur is on full display in Soulcalibur VI,” said Mark Religioso, Brand Manager for Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc.
“A stellar lineup of characters and weapons, combined with a simple control layout means gamers of all skill levels can jump into the action and decimate the competition.”
Soulcalibur VI will release sometime in 2018 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.