Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed their upcoming next-generation home video game console PlayStation 5, the successor to PlayStation 4.
During their live stream, SIE showed off PlayStation 5 hardware and tons of brand new games.
PS5 will launch in with two variants: A standard PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive, and a digital model without a disc drive.
“With PlayStation 5, we are making a significant leap to deliver a truly new generation of transformative play experiences that will redefine expectations for what games can be,” said Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE.
“Worlds will be richer and more beautiful, they’ll captivate your senses in ways you didn’t think possible, and you’ll be able to experience them much more seamlessly, with lightning fast loading. Today’s showcase is just a glimpse of what’s to come in the next generation, and we want to thank our community for taking this journey to PS5’s launch with us.”
Here’s the list of first-party PlayStation Studios exclusives included games: Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games), Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital), and Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games).
Third-party publisher games includes: NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts) and Resident Evil™ Village (Capcom), as well as PS5 exclusive, DEATHLOOP (Bethesda) and Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions).
Independent developers games includes: Stray (Annapurna/ Blue Twelve Studio) and Bugsnax (Young Horses)
Here’s the list of PlayStation 5 accessories to enhance the gaming experience:
PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – offering 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones;
HD Camera – featuring dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments;
Media Remote – a remote control with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services with ease; and
DualSense™ Charging Station – for convenient charging of two DualSense™ Wireless Controllers.
PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 Games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire™: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall™ (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore® (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm™ (Oddworld Inhabitants™)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia* (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil™ Village (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
PlayStation 5 launch is scheduled for late 2020.