Square Enix and United Front Games released the launch trailer for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition along with new set of images ahead of its launch tomorrow.
“Wei Shen is a ruthless enforcer and rising star in the Hong Kong Triads – he is, however, also an undercover cop. Tasked with taking down the Triads from within, Wei must commit ever more criminal acts to maintain his cover and stay alive.
At what point does one become more Triad than cop? Only one thing is certain: undercover, the rules are different.”
- Improved, higher resolution textures, improved lighting, and higher number of particle effects.
- Higher detailed character models.
- Volumetric fog (i.e. fog/smog/mist/steam is now present in the game world)
- Increased pedestrians and traffic density.
- Rebuilt sound engine to heighten realism.
- More destructible objects in hand-to-hand fighting sequences.
- All 24 DLC packs have been integrated into the main game. Some of the story DLC is available from the main menu, others have been integrated into the game world itself (i.e. travel to a certain point in the city to access DLC missions / DLC outfits can now be accessed in the Night Market.
In Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition you explore the seedy underbelly of Hong Kong, as Wei Shen, a conflicted undercover cop, tasked with battling the ruthless Triads and his inner demons to take down the Dragon Head.
Play on either side of the law, with Cop and Triad missions, as you manoeuvre through the ranks of the organisation. Featuring an unmatched and brutal martial arts system, movie-style shootouts, and high-speed racing – Sleeping Dogs’ Hong Kong is the ultimate open world playground.”
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is due to launch on the October 10 (EU) and October 14, 2014 (NA) for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.