Croteam revealed Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope for Vive, coming to Steam Early Access this summer.
“Sam returns in his first ever VR adventure to dual wield an overwhelming amount of explosive ordinance and battle Mental’s relentless hordes.
The Earth Defense Force is crumbling under the crushing offensive of Mental and his legions of savage warriors and beasts.
Now the galaxy’s last hope must battle from planet to planet – piling up and upgrading his arsenal along the way – and lay waste to massive alien swarms under Mental’s control… All in first-person, all in virtual reality!”
It is the period of the first Mental War. Earth’s defense forces are crumbling under the hordes of the vicious Mental. He managed to break the will of many nations by destroying the ancient shrines of the domestic people. A fearless EDF general, Sam ‘Serious’ Stone, is leading the resistance from the battlecruiser ‘BC Saratoga’ in a desperate attempt to save the galaxy.
Key Features at Early Access Launch:
- VR and chill – Play as Sam ‘Serious’ Stone in VR! See the galaxy, meet interesting aliens – and frag ’em all. Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope (a.k.a. SSVR) is the perfect VR game! No singing, no dancing. Just shooting and humming to the energizing and moody tunes of your guns blazing.
- All aboard! – Select your mission on the command deck of the batllecruiser Saratoga and get ready to drop down to planet’s surface; the action starts immediately!
- The bigger they are – Battle over 2 different planets with multiple levels, ending with 2 different bosses. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, as Sam wades his way through the invading horde using a vast number of guns and power-ups, including his mighty pirate cannon.
- Guns. Lots of guns! – Sam must pick the right weapon for the job – some enemies are tougher, or just different and more resilient to certain type of damage than others – and defend the local populace.
- Mental’s hordes – Hordes of enemies, new and old, are pouring over the planets, all across the universe. Sam has already defeated some of them in battle, and knows them all too well. Others will rear their big, ugly head for the first time. Sam will not discriminate.
- Upgrades and Power-ups – Fully equipped armory is at Sam’s disposal aboard the battlecruiser ‘Saratoga’. Upgrade your gear between the missions.
- Seriously fun – Saving the universe can be a daunting and tedious task, but here’s Sam to save the day; it’s more fun when he does it, the way he does it. It’s (mostly) by shooting aliens in the face.
- Early Access – we’re working around the clock to bring SSVR to fans as soon as we can. So we decided to pull a Death Star – the game will be operational and available this Summer (and hopefully won’t explode when released on Early Access), achieving it’s full potential hopefully by end of the year.
- OS: Windows 7 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5 – 4590 equivalent
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD R9 290 or NVIDIA GTX 970
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- Additional Notes: HTC Vive VR headset plus hand controllers
As for PlayStation VR, Croteam producer Ante Vrdelja told YouTube Live at E3: “[As for] PS VR, we are kindly talking with Sony and implementing the giant enemy crabs, so we’ll see how it goes.”
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope will be available this Summer.
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.