Capcom officially announced Resident Evil 3 Remake during PlayStation’s State of Play broadcast.
Resident Evil 3 Remake Announcement Trailer
“Witness the climactic events of Raccoon City in a completely reimagined Resident Evil 3.
In Resident Evil 3, S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine, one of video games’ most iconic heroines, flees a city being consumed by zombies and other horrifying creatures.
Built with Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 3 uses modernized gameplay to combine action with classic survival horror in vivid high-definition.
Jill’s harrowing experiences in Resident Evil 3 take place in the nightmarish hours leading up to and following the events in Resident Evil 2, shedding new light on the plight of Raccoon City’s residents.
Every hope of escape is cut off by another star in the Resident Evil franchise: the towering Bio Organic Weapon Nemesis.
This brutal yet intelligent monstrosity uses an arsenal of high-powered weaponry to indiscriminately eliminate any surviving S.T.A.R.S. members in the city–with Jill being his final target.”
- A fan favorite reborn – This highly requested title modernizes a classic favorite 20 years after the original game’s release.
- Up close and personal – An over-the-shoulder camera and modernized control scheme update the 1999 survival horror classic, drawing players into every blood curdling encounter and horrific scare while they navigate the ruins of Raccoon City.
- Another side of Raccoon City – Experience another perspective of the once-vibrant city’s nightmarish outbreak of the TVirus, a biological weapon developed by Umbrella Corporation. Jill’s harrowing struggle for survival takes her from the early moments of the outbreak, and overlaps with the events depicted in the acclaimed best-selling Resident Evil 2 before arriving at the dramatic conclusion of the Raccoon City saga.
- Intense action meets classic survival horror – Overcome chilling encounters in a constant fight for survival that ratchets up the genre-defining horror game’s intensity. Nail-biting exploration complements the gripping puzzle solving that fans have come to love.
- Bone-chilling tension amplified – RE Engine creates a photorealistic apocalyptic setting where grotesque zombies, horrific creatures, and a persistent stalker await around every dark corner. The proprietary engine has fueled a portfolio of acclaimed games such as Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard.
- Premium Collector’s Edition – Resident Evil fans in North America will be able purchase a Collector’s Edition for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The premium package will include a physical copy of Resident Evil 3, a statue of Jill Valentine, printed art book, double-sided Raccoon City map wall poster, and digital soundtrack.
Additionally it includes Resident Evil Resistance, multiplayer component for RE3 developed by NeoBards Entertainment.
Here’s an overview of Resident Evil Resistance:
For the first time in the Resident Evil series, experience tense 4 vs. 1 asymmetrical online matches that invite players to craft horrifying challenges for others to overcome. Embodying the series’ trademark tense atmosphere and puzzle-solving in a new gameplay format, Resident Evil Resistance lets players architect a sadistic experiment or work together to escape as a team.
Developed in partnership with NeoBards Entertainment, Resident Evil Resistance brings a new nightmare to life using the high quality gameplay and remarkable visual fidelity of Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine.
In Resident Evil Resistance, four Survivors must strategically work together, using their respective special abilities, to escape a Mastermind’s watchful eye across a match composed of three stages of traps, puzzles and horrors.
Each of the Survivors can use a variety of tools, weapons and unique personal skills to help their team overcome the Mastermind’s challenges and survive the sinister machinations.
The Mastermind plots his or her deadly experiment using a network of security cameras that track the Survivors’ every move.
In addition to remotely manipulating the environment, each of the Masterminds uses a deck of cards that summon vicious creatures, set traps, and weaponize security cameras to divide and overpower their test subjects.
Each Mastermind also has his or her own specialties to keep their experiment under control, such as enhancing their monstrous creations, traps or security cameras. Masterminds who prefer a more personal touch can choose to directly control any zombies in play or even devastating Bio Organic Weapons such as the deadly Tyrant–a first for the Resident Evil franchise.
- A new strain of survival horror – This online four-versus-one asymmetrical multiplayer experience offers both cooperative and competitive gameplay, where players can create their own survival horror experience in the Resident Evil universe.
- Unspeakable Umbrella Corporation experiments – Participate in gruesome human trials conducted by Umbrella Corporation across various maps on the outskirts of Raccoon City as the T-Virus begins to spread.
- Unleash your inner Mastermind – Become a notorious Umbrella operative, and push the boundaries of the T-Virus in a variety of insidious experiments. Prevent your test subjects from escaping by using a customizable deck of cards to create a survival horror landscape filled with traps, zombies and terrifying Bio Organic Weapons.
- Survive together, or fall one by one – Join a team of four Survivors who must work together using their unique skills to escape the experiment before time runs out. Each Survivor can choose from a variety of melee and ranged weapons such as a pistol, shotgun, bat, sledgehammer and legendary firearms like the Matilda handgun to fend off the Mastermind’s attacks and complete each stage’s objectives.
- Built with RE Engine – Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine brings pooling shadows, splattered gore and shambling corpses to life with remarkable visual fidelity. Navigate the decaying urban environment with RE Engine’s trademark high quality gameplay, which has been the driving force across acclaimed games such as Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard.