The 85th Academy Awards ceremony honoring the best films of 2012 took place at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, California on February 24, 2013.
Seth MacFarlane hosted the 85th Academy Awards for the first time, check out the complete list of winners below!
- Best Picture: Argo – Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck, and George Clooney.
- Best Director: Ang Lee – Life of Pi.
- Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis – Lincoln as Abraham Lincoln.
- Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence – Silver Linings Playbook as Tiffany Maxwell.
- Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz – Django Unchained as Dr. King Schultz.
- Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway – Les Misérables as Fantine.
- Best Writing – Original Screenplay: Django Unchained – Quentin Tarantino.
- Best Writing – Adapted Screenplay: Argo – Chris Terrio from The Master of Disguise by Antonio J. Mendez & The Great Escape by Joshuah Bearman.
- Best Animated Feature: Brave – Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman.
- Best Foreign Language Film: Amour (Austria) in French – Michael Haneke.
- Best Documentary – Feature: Searching for Sugar Man – Malik Bendjelloul and Simon Chinn.
- Best Documentary – Short Subject: Inocente – Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine.
- Best Live Action Short Film: Curfew – Shawn Christensen.
- Best Animated Short Film: Paperman – John Kahrs.
- Best Original Score: Life of Pi – Mychael Danna.
- Best Original Song: “Skyfall” from Skyfall – Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth.
- Best Sound Editing: Skyfall – Per Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers.
- Best Sound Mixing: Les Misérables – Andy Nelson, Mark Paterson, and Simon Hayes.
- Best Production Design: Lincoln – Rick Carter and Jim Erickson.
- Best Cinematography: Life of Pi – Claudio Miranda.
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Les Misérables – Lisa Westcott and Julie Dartnell.
- Best Costume Design: Anna Karenina – Jacqueline Durran.
- Best Film Editing: Argo – William Goldenberg.
- Best Visual Effects: Life of Pi – Bill Westenhofer, Guillaume Rocheron, Erik-Jan de Boer, and Donald R. Elliott.
Tell us what you think of the 2013 Oscar winners in the comments below…
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.