Naughty Dog’s action-adventure third-person shooter Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, the third game in the Uncharted series was released on November 2011 for PlayStation 3.
The sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed video games of 2009, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the story was written by script-writer Amy Hennig. And now it’s been two years since the game launched.
Naughty Dog’s community strategist, Eric Monacelli notes on the blog, “Our community is simply amazing, and we’re looking to make it stronger than ever.
To that end, we combed over a multitude of comments and forum posts to see what you wanted changed in the multiplayer game. We took the most highly-sought changes mentioned and made them happen.” You can check out the patch 1.13 changes here.
UC3 game director Justin Richmond and lead game designer Robert Cogburn is doing a Reddit AMA on November 1st from 3:00 PM to 4:30PM PST to celebrate two year anniversary.
The team is also making two big changes to Uncharted 3’s multiplayer, watch the video to find out!
Lead game designer Robert Cogburn talks about the making of Dry Docks map, “When the Dry Docks map was pitched as a single player level for Uncharted 3 the talented Game Designer Junki Saita was working on a number of setups for the level.
All these level setups were represented in a blockmesh format – this is a 3D representation of a playable space using rudimentary geometry made in Maya (the 3D program we use at Naughty Dog). We’ve shown a number of maps like this for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer via our Block Mesh Lab Maps.”
He adds, “One setup in particular Junki was working on showed a lot of promise for a multiplayer map so I grabbed the blockmesh and started editing it for competitive multiplayer.
After some time had passed, it was determined the setup for single player would not be used and instead the single player layout you see in the final version of the game was completed. This meant what I had done to make Dry Docks would ONLY be used for multiplayer.
Making games is very time consuming so you cut things that make sense. It made sense to not have our art team invest time in taking the multiplayer version of Dry Docks to the level of quality we adhere to at Naughty Dog – therefore the Dry Docks map was cut.”
“A little less than two years passed and the map was forgotten. With the two year anniversary for Uncharted 3 and its multiplayer, and the number of cool things we are doing for 1.18, we decided to resurrect this map and release it to our fans.
It’s quite different from the original version but the changes we’ve made has made Dry Docks all the better. We hope you enjoy it”, Cogburn concluded.
Check out all the changes with Patch 1.18 below:
- All DLC maps are now available to download for free! Go to the in game store and download the Flashback Map Pack 1, 2 and Drake’s Deception Map Pack.
- Dry Docks makes its triumphant debut and is available in all competitive playlists and custom games!
- Old Quarter map has been added to Co-op arena mode
- The drop rate for all co-op treasures has been increased
- Old Quarter has been removed from the Hunter Arena playlist.
- Hipfire accuracy has been greatly reduced on all weapons along with the angle and distance at which the auto lock engages. But Blindfire from cover has not been changed
- Increased recoil on the M9
- Decreased recoil on FAL-SS
- Rate of Fire mod has been decreased on the M9, Arm Micro and KAL-7
- The recoil of the last round fired in a G-MAL burst has been significantly reduced
- The burst delay and recoil have been reduced on the Raffica
- The accuracy mod on the Raffica has been slightly improved
- The recoil has been reduced on the Tau Sniper and the weapon does not automatically scope
- The rate of fire mod has increased effectiveness for the Tau Sniper
- Sprint maneuverability moderately reduced
- Mega Bombs and Cluster Bombs can no longer be thrown back (competitive mode only)
- The Marked Man power play now occurs when a team is up 8 kills instead of 6
- The Exposed power play occurs when a team is up 10 kills instead of 8 and the range that player names appear has been reduced from 40 meters to 20
- The Double Damage power play now occurs when a team is up 15 kills instead of 10 and the damage the losing team does is only x1.5 instead of x2
- Deathmatch has been removed from Team Objective
- Increase score limit in three-team Deathmatch from 20 to 25
- Increase score limit of free-for-all from 15 to 20
- Multiple steps have been added during the matchmaking process to help find games with lower ping. Wait times to find matches during off peak hours may increase
- The Medal Kickback Creepy Crawler now costs 12 medals and lasts for 25 seconds
- Quick Boom now costs 12 medals and lasts for 12 seconds
- Explosives now costs 5 medals
- Slot 1 now has Kickback Endurance, Ammo Award, Bargain and Team Safe
- Slot 2 now has Beast Mode, Regeneration, Explosive Expert and Explosive Shell Expert
- Bargain paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k
- PING paid booster cost increase from $100k to $250k
New 3rd Buddy Boosters
- Cutter – Cutter KAL-7 – Jade Para 9 – Sugar Buddy
- Eddie – Eddie’s AK – Jade Para 9 – Booty Buddy
- Draza – Draza’s Dragon – jade Para 9 – Thanks Buddy
- Flynn – Flynn’s G-MAL – Jade Para 9 – Explosive Buddy
- Lazarevic – Lazarevic’s FAL-SS – Jade Para 9 – Stealth Buddy
- Gate added to London Underground tunnel to block off dead end
- Plunders chests have been rebalanced on Syria and Museum
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.