The compact media player, Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) gets a new stable release, v1.7.10 featuring fixes, improvements and new features.
MPC mimics the look and feel of the old, lightweight Windows Media Player 6.4, but provides most options and features available in modern media players. It an extremely light-weight, open source media player for Windows. It supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback.
Highlights of MPC v1.7.10:
Completely new Internal Audio Renderer
- Uses sanear project as backend
- Requires Windows Vista or newer
- Outputs sound through WASAPI (shared or exclusive)
- Employs automatic channel downmixing
- Provides stereo crossfeed processing option (for headphones)
- Tries to preserve signal pitch when playing at custom rate (time stretching)
- Supports bitstreaming
- Fix a rare crash when exiting DVB mode
- QuickTime: Fix a crash when using system default renderer
- Fix “snap to desktop edge” and “autofit zoom” on Windows 10
- Fix reliability and stability of the D3D Fullscreen mode
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.