Max Payne 3 entered the UK all formats chart at No.1, beating off fellow new entry Diablo III.

The gap between Max Payne 3 (Xbox, PS3) and Diablo III (PC, Mac) was just 8,000 units.

Max Payne 3 is the first game in the series to debut at No.1, making a return eight-and-a-half years after the Remedy-developed Max Payne 2, outperforming Max Payne 2 by almost a figure of 10-1 – although the second game was only available on PC initially before coming to consoles.

UK Charts: Max Payne 3 Beats Diablo III 1

Max Payne 3 is also the biggest launch of this year so far, beating Mass Effect 3. Blizzard’s Diablo III wasn’t too far behind in second spot and  managed to be the 12th fastest selling PC game in the UK ever.

Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 version accounted for 58% of sales, while the remaining 42% on PS3.

Take a look at the Top 10 for the week ending May 19 below:

  1. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
  2. Diablo III (Blizzard)
  3. FIFA Street (EA)
  4. Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
  5. FIFA 12 (EA)
  6. Prototype 2 (Activision)
  7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
  8. Battlefield 3 (EA)
  9. Assassin’s Creed Revelations (Ubisoft)
  10. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)

Leisure software charts compiled by GFK Chart-Track, © 2005-2011 UKIE LTD  


You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.

Pin It on Pinterest