IrfanView is a freeware/shareware image viewer for Microsoft Windows that can view, edit, and convert image files and play video/audio files.
It is noted for its small size, speed, ease of use, and ability to handle a wide variety of graphic file formats, and has some image creation and painting capabilities. The software was first released in 1996. IrfanView is free for non-commercial use; commercial use requires paid registration.
What’s new in this version:
– Improved rotation speed for 1 BPP images
– New Advanced Batch dialog option: Change order of operations
– New Thumbnails window option: Try to load EXIF-Thumbnail for JPG files
– Simple Drag&Drop feature from Thumbnails window added
(Load files from Thumbnails in another programs/editors)
– Selection: hold ALT key pressed during drawing to make a proportional selection
with the inverted ratio from “Create Custom selection” dialog
– New effect added: Horizontal Shift (Effects browser dialog)
– New option in “Decrease color depth” dialog: Convert 24 BPP to RGB-565
– New option in Resize dialog: Auto adjust DPI based on new sizes
– New option in Add-Text dialog: Adjust font size to current zoom-in size
– Support for JPEG-XR format (HDP PlugIn)
– Possible Thumbnail/Resample problem on Win7-64 bit fixed
– DIB-RLE bug fixed (reported by Parvez Anwar via Secunia SVCRP, thanks!)
– JPG-2000 PlugIn crashes fixed (by Parvez Anwar/Secunia and FuzzMyApp, thanks!)
– ANI/EMF/JPM loading bugs fixed (reported by FuzzMyApp, thanks!)
– SGI bug fixed (reported by Gynvael Coldwind, thanks!)
– Some new Admin INI file options added (Toolbar, Browsing, Delete); see FAQs
– Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.