Deep Silver & Crytek has officially announced Homefront: The Revolution, an upcoming open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
The game throws “players into a near future dystopia where catastrophic events have brought the USA to its knees and enabled North Korean forces to impose a brutal military occupation.
Trapped in this American nightmare, Philadelphia – Birthplace of Independence – has become a police state, where surveillance drones and armored patrols keep her once-proud citizens at heel, crushing any dissent with savage force.
To overcome their oppressors, players will have to engage in guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics in thrilling un-scripted firefights.
At every turn they’ll find a sprawling city, in which recruiting fellow revolutionaries and building improvised homebrew weapons are just two of the keys to creating a powerful resistance force.”
“Homefront: The Revolution stands out from the crowd by immersing players in a world where they’ll feel emotionally compelled to fight for their freedom, said Hasit Zala, Game Director at Crytek.
We’re very excited to work with Deep Silver and deliver an experience that underlines Crytek’s commitment to quality whilst tapping into the huge potential we saw when we first acquired the Homefront IP.”
The game represents the first time Crytek and Deep Silver have worked together, collaborating to release the game as part of a co-publishing arrangement.
“Crytek has an outstanding track record of creating AAA action games. Homefront is a fascinating IP with huge global potential. With Crytek`s technical pedigree and Deep Silver´s publishing expertise we will take the IP to new heights.” says Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Deep Silver / Koch Media.
It is being developed by Crytek’s Nottingham studio, it harnesses the latest features of Crytek’s CryEngine technology.
On the ground, players will encounter an environment that looks and feels truly alive as day turns to night and storm clouds come and go – an authenticity that extends to the strikingly lifelike expressions, skin and clothing of everyone they encounter.
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CryEngine-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Homefront: The Revolution is set to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux in 2015.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.
Source: Press Release.