Eerie Guest Studios & tinyBuild announced their survival horror stealth game, Hello Neighbor 2 during Xbox Games Showcase.
Hello Neighbor 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the best-selling horror franchise, Hello Neighbor (2017).
Check out Hello Neighbor 2 announcement trailer after the jump!
The game takes place directly after the events of the original, players will explore the open world of Raven Brooks and search for the missing Mr. Peterson (the Neighbor), while being stalked by a creature controlled by self-learning AI.
Play as Quentin, a local reporter investigating why people have started to mysteriously disappear in Raven Brooks. A string of discoveries will lead you to an abandoned house occupied by a mysterious, raven-like being.
- Self-learning AI
- AI explores the environment and constantly seeks ways to ambush the player
- AI watches player navigation patterns and if these seem to be effective, will replicate them
- AI has a daily routine that gets disrupted by the player: sleeping, eating, cooking, and possibly going into the woods to dig up bags of non-bodies
- AI will use the same objects as the player, using them for the same purposes. If the player uses a fire extinguisher to get up top, so will the AI.
- Open world
- Explore the Raven Brooks, there are no limitations and players can go anywhere from the beginning of the game. The AI protects its house when the player is trying to break in, and stalks the player when out in the open world.
- Players have their own stories. Narrative is emergent, depending on how players decide to play the game.
- The world changes depending on your actions
- Sandbox experience
- Players should find creative solutions to solve the puzzle by combining different items, terrain features and platforming skills
- Many in-game events are persistent and scheduled in random order, that gives a feeling of a living world. Players may examine each random in-game event to find a different outcome
- Expanded universe
- The development of Hello Neighbor 2 started before the release of the Secret Neighbor multiplayer spin-off and the brand-new story fits into the bigger Hello Neighbor cross-media universe, which features a best-selling books series, animated TV show pilot, comic book series, and an upcoming board game.
American video game publisher, tinyBuild acquired the development team behind the first game Dynamic Pixels in July 2020 for an undisclosed amount and established a new studio Eerie Guest Studios based in Hilversum, Netherlands.
Additionally, The publisher invested US$15 million into the Hello Neighbor franchise.
Hello Neighbor 2 is being developed by Netherlands based, Eerie Guest Studios, the game will release for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC sometime in 2021.