Microsoft & 343 Industries announced that Halo’s popular Firefight game mode is coming back in Halo 5 later this year.
Starting off with Hammer Storm, “experience new game modes – including fan-favorites Grifball and Assault, plus a host of new weapons, new armor, and new places to play. Plus, get a first sneak peek at what’s still to come.”
Hammer Storm includes:
- New game modes: Grifball, Assault and Fiesta. From the hammer-meets-sword sports sensation of Grifball, and weapon-roulette hilarity of Fiesta, to the fan-favorite Assault game type that’s been fully evolved for Halo 5: Guardians, Hammer Storm brings a brand new game mode to fit every flavor of Halo fan.
- New map Torque. An entirely new environment primed for battle, Torque is a large symmetrical map that caters to Capture the Flag and Assault game modes. The pistons in each courtyard can provide key gameplay for cover, traversal, and objective movement.
- New weapons change the game. The Gravity Hammer provides the proper tool for smashing enemies, and the Halo: CE Pistol brings back a legacy of single handed death-dealing. Be sure to watch for the classic headshot death animation when you deliver the killing blow!
- New REQ items. Hammer Storm contains a myriad of new REQs, including attachments for loadout weapons, weapon skins, armors, emblems, assassinations, visors, and stances.
- New possibilities with Forge. The new “ball” mechanic that powers the Assault and Grifball modes unlocks the potential for entirely new game types in Forge mode, not to mention paving the way for returning favorites like Oddball and Ricochet.
“There will be even more new maps, modes, vehicles, weapons, and REQs – an insane plethora of content. In addition, we’ll continue to listen to all of the valuable feedback provided by you, and will use it to help inform the addition of new content, refine the gameplay, and address issues or concerns raised by our incredible community,” 343 wrote on Xbox Wire.
“Among the vast array of new modes coming to Halo over the next several months is one that our fans have repeatedly asked us to deliver – Firefight.
The new mode, called ‘Warzone Firefight’, will bring PvE to Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer and let players battle together against common foes (and truly show off their custom Spartans to boot!) That’s all we’ll say for now, but trust us, we can’t wait to tell you more about Warzone Firefight in the coming months.”
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.