Mozilla Corporation’s free and open-source web browser, Mozilla Firefox gets a new stable release, Firefox version 42.0, which includes new features, fixes and more.
Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser, which includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, and many additional features.
Made with a mission to put you first
We’ve always designed Firefox to protect and respect your private information. That’s why we’re proud to be voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy.
Works the way you do
How you use the Web is unique. Firefox lets you change it to match. Remove what you don’t use, keep what you do and put it just about anywhere you want.
Faster at what you do most
Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before
- Private Browsing with Tracking Protection blocks certain Web elements that could be used to record your behavior across sites
- IPV6 support
- Preferences for controlling ICE candidate generation and IP exposure
- Hooks for extensions to allow/deny createOffer/Answer
- Improved ability for applications to monitor and control which devices are used in getUserMedia
Login Manager improvements:
- Improved heuristics to save usernames and passwords
- Edit and show all logins in line, Copy/Paste usernames/passwords from the Context menu
- Migration imports your passwords to Firefox from Windows Chrome and IE; import anytime from the Login Manager
- Control Center that contains site security and privacy controls
- Indicator added to tabs that play audio with one-click muting
- Improved performance on interactive websites that trigger a lot of restyles
- Media Source Extension for HTML5 video available for all sites
- Support ImageBitmap and createImageBitmap()
- Implemented ES6 Reflect
- Ability to save filter presets inside CSS Filter Tooltip
- CSS filter presets in the Inspector
- Configurable Firefox OS Simulator in WebIDE, to simulate reference devices like phones, tablets, even TVs
- View HTML source in a tab
- Asynchronous call stacks now allow web developers to follow the code flow through setTimeout, DOM event handlers, and Promise handlers.
- Remote website debugging over WiFi (no USB cable or ADB needed)
- URLs containing a Unicode-format Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) are not redirected properly, leading to a Server Not Found error.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.