Mozilla Corporation’s free and open-source web browser, Mozilla Firefox gets a new stable release, Firefox version 40.0, which includes new features, fixes and more.
Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser, which includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, and many additional features.
Made with a mission to put you first
We’ve always designed Firefox to protect and respect your private information. That’s why we’re proud to be voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy.
Works the way you do
How you use the Web is unique. Firefox lets you change it to match. Remove what you don’t use, keep what you do and put it just about anywhere you want.
Faster at what you do most
Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before
- Support for Windows 10
- Added protection against unwanted software downloads
- Suggested Tiles show sites of interest, based on categories from your recent browsing history
- Hello allows adding a link to conversations to provide context on what the conversation will be about
- New style for add-on manager based on the in-content preferences style
- Improved scrolling, graphics, and video playback performance with off main thread compositing (GNU/Linux only)
- Graphic blocklist mechanism improved: Firefox version ranges can be specified, limiting the number of devices blocked
- Add-on extensions that are not signed by Mozilla will display a warning
- Smoother animation and scrolling with hardware vsync (Windows only)
- JPEG images use less memory when scaled and can be painted faster
- Sub-resources can no longer request HTTP authentication, thus protecting users from inadvertently disclosing login data
- NPAPI Plug-in performance improved via asynchronous initialization
- IndexedDB transactions are now non-durable by default
- Implemented AudioBufferSourceNode.detune to modulate playback rate in cents, a logarithmic unit of measure used for musical intervals
- Improved Performance tools in the developer tools: Waterfall view, Call Tree view and a Flame Chart view
- Console API messages from SharedWorker and ServiceWorker are now displayed in web console
- Inspector now searches across all content frames in a page
- New rules view tooltip in the Inspector to tweak CSS Filter values
- New page ruler highlighting tool that displays lightweight horizontal and vertical rules on a page
- Kannada text does not display properly in built-in pdf viewer
- If Firefox is restarted from an add-on install notification, on-going private browsing downloads might be canceled without warning (1185294)
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.