Mozilla Corporation’s free and open-source web browser, Mozilla Firefox gets a new stable release, Firefox version 39.0, which includes new features and fixes for known issues.
Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser, which includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, and many additional features.
Made with a mission to put you first
We’ve always designed Firefox to protect and respect your private information. That’s why we’re proud to be voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy.
Works the way you do
How you use the Web is unique. Firefox lets you change it to match. Remove what you don’t use, keep what you do and put it just about anywhere you want.
Faster at what you do most
Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before
- New – Share Hello URLs with social networks
- New – Project Silk: Smoother animation and scrolling (Mac OS X)
- New – Support for ‘switch’ role in ARIA 1.1 (web accessibility)
- New – SafeBrowsing malware detection lookups enabled for downloads (Mac OS X and Linux)
- New – Support for new Unicode 8.0 skin tone emoji
- Changed – Removed support for insecure SSLv3 for network communications
- Changed – The malware detection service for downloads now covers common Mac file types (Bug 1138721)
- Changed – Performance of displaying dashed lines is improved (Mac OS X) (Bug 1123019)
- HTML5 – List-style-type now accepts a string value
- HTML5 – Enable the Fetch API for network requests from dedicated, shared and service workers
- HTML5 – Cascading of CSS transitions and animations now matches the current spec
- HTML5 – Implement allowing anticipation of a future connection without revealing any information
- HTML5 – Added support for CSS Scroll Snap Points
- Developer – Drag and drop enabled for nodes in Inspector markup view
- Developer – Webconsole input history persists even after closing the toolbox
- Developer – Cubic bezier tooltip now shows a gallery of timing-function presets for use with CSS animations
- Developer – localhost is now available offline for WebSocket connections
- Fixed – Improve performance for IPv6 fallback to IPv4
- Fixed – Fix incomplete downloads being marked as complete by detecting broken HTTP1.1 transfers
- Fixed – The Security state indicator on a page now correctly ignores loads caused by previous pages
- Fixed – Fixed an issue where a Hello conversation window would sometimes fail to open
- Fixed – A regression that could lead to Flash not displaying has been fixed
- Update to NSS 3.19.2
- Various security fixes
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.