Mozilla Corporation’s free & open-source web browser, Mozilla Firefox gets a new stable release Firefox 51.0.1, which includes some fixes.
Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser, which includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, and many additional features.
Made with a mission to put you first
We’ve always designed Firefox to protect and respect your private information. That’s why we’re proud to be voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy.
Works the way you do
How you use the Web is unique. Firefox lets you change it to match. Remove what you don’t use, keep what you do and put it just about anywhere you want.
Faster at what you do most
Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before.
- Reference link to 51.0 release notes
- Geolocation not working on Windows (Bug 1333516)
- Multiprocess incompatibility did not correctly register with some add-ons (Bug 1333423)
- Users can view passwords in the save password prompt before saving them
- Added a zoom button in the URL bar:
- Displays percent above or below 100 percent when a user has changed the page zoom setting from the default
- Lets users return to the default setting by clicking on the button
- Improved video performance for users without GPU acceleration for less CPU usage and a better full screen experience
- Firefox will save passwords even in forms that do not have “submit” events
- Added support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback
- Added support for WebGL 2, with advanced graphics rendering features like transform feedback, improved texturing capabilities, and a new sophisticated shading language
- A warning is displayed when a login page does not have a secure connection
- Added Georgian (ka) and Kabyle (kab) locales
- An even faster E10s! Tab Switching is better!
- Improved reliability of browser data sync
- Remove Belarusian (be) locale
- Various security fixes
- Use 2D graphics library (Skia) for content rendering on Linux
- Re-enabled E10s support for Russian (ru) locale
- Updated to NSS 3.28.1