Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser descended from the MozillaApplication Suite and managed by Mozilla Corporation.
As of November 2011, Firefox is the second or third most widely used browser, according todifferent estimates, with approximately 25% of worldwide usage share of web browsers. Thebrowser has had particular success in Germany and Africa, where it is the mostpopularbrowser with 50% and 35% usage respectively.
To display web pages, Firefox uses the Gecko layout engine, which implements most current web standards in addition to several features that are intended to anticipate likely additions to the standards.
The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.
User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the “Awesome Bar,” learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browserwith more than 5,000 add-ons.
- NEW: The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
- NEW: Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented (see bug 615976)
- NEW: Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen (see the feature page)
- NEW: CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported (see bug 505115)
- HTML5: New <bdi> element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties (see bugs613149 and 662288)
- DEVELOPER: Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
- DEVELOPER: We’ve added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
- FIXED : Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks (681795)