Square Enix has detailed Final Fantasy XV’s upcoming downloadable content, Episode Gladiolus.
Here’s everything you need to know about Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus after the break:
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus
- Availability – PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store
- Pricing – $4.99 (Season Pass also available for $24.99)
- Release – March 28, 2017
- Future DLC
- Episode Prompto (scheduled for June)
- Episodie Ignis (release TBD)
- Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (TBD)
After losing to the enemy high commander Ravus, Gladiolus is forced to swallow a bitter pill and face the limitations of his own strength. In order to travel with the Chosen King, he realizes he must also possess a comparable level of power in order to protect him. In the ancient ruins that were found in the Kingdom of Lucis 30 years ago, the spirits of heroes that once served the king await the next generation of warriors.
Gladiolus parts ways with his entourage and meets up with Cor, the sole survivor of the trials. Now, with his mentor at his side, Gladiolus sets out to challenge the Shield of the Founder King: the Blademaster, Gilgamesh.
- Uncover the story told through Gladiolus’ perspective – While Final Fantasy XV focuses on the bond between Noctis and his friends, Episode Gladiolus allows players to find out what happened when Gladiolus leaves the party..
- New exhilarating action battle that matches Gladiolus’s character as the King’s Shield – While the main game’s system was designed around Noctis and his mobility to warp and dodge enemy attacks, Gladiolus fights by blocking and counterattacking with the new “Valor” and “Rage” system.
- New environment – Players can access a new area that was previously not accessible in the main game.
- Obtain special items that can be carried over to the main game – By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
- New gameplay modes – In addition to the main episode, two additional gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” are available upon completing the episode. These modes offer an added challenge and high replay value for the player.
Final Fantasy XV Episodes will be available to players who purchased the Premium Edition or Season Pass for free and it can also be purchased separately via the Xbox Marketplace or the PlayStation Store.