Check out the following new additions to the version 2.0:
- You can now fight the Catoblepas! That’s the big monster in the lake. In version 2.0 one of them comes out of the lake onto land where you can fight it. Be careful though, it apparently takes 20 minutes to defeat with all four characters at level 99 and it can still knock you out in one hit.
- You can now warp out of battle to certain locations
- There’s a new dodge roll!
- New character interactions (in the field/environment and during camping)
- New team combo attacks using all four party members
- Additional side quests involving just you/Noctis and one other party member
“There’s more little things in version 2.0 but I think it’s best to let you discover those things yourself.
It’s all very exciting though and it just goes to show how dedicated the team are to showing the fans how the game is progressing and what kind of direction the gameplay is taking in Final Fantasy XV, Square Enix Japan Community Manager, Dan Seto wrote on the official website.
Aside from the gameplay additions, there’s a lot of direct interactions between all the characters that have been added as well.
One of the main themes of Final Fantasy XV is the journey that these characters go on together and they’re all supposed to be close friends, so hopefully now you’ll be able to get a greater sense of their friendships.
“The other cool thing that version 2.0 shows is how exactly some of the feedback we’ve received on Episode Duscae 1.0 is actually being implemented.
I know some fans were worried that we were taking on board too much feedback but now you can see how that feedback affects the game in practical terms and hopefully you like what the team have done with version 2.0.
Now while we’re on the topic of feedback, the Final Fantasy XV demo feedback survey is now closed so thank you to everyone who took part. There were a couple of other updates in the latest Active Time Report to do with some other points of feedback.
These things couldn’t be implemented into Episode Duscase version 2.0 but the Final Fantasy XV team wanted to let fans know that they are trying to add these things to the final game.
- You will be able to buy/sell items in bulk
- Each dropped item has specific uses; for instance, some of the dropped items can be used to customise the car
- The team is looking into making the BGM and environmental effects richer
- We will be looking into finding a way to address the issue with the player’s stamina depleting (while sprinting) that was mentioned by many Japanese fans.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.