Ubisoft’s upcoming open world first-person shooter, Far Cry 4 will feature a 5v5 multiplayer ‘Battles of Kyrat’ and released a new trailer to give us a sneak peek.
“Will you take arms with the Golden Path, lock and load with the surety of steel and modern technology? Or will you choose the Rakshasa, ancient warriors that even the greatest soldiers fear as if they were death itself?
There are two forces at war for Kyrat and you must choose which one you will fight for…”
“In Battles of Kyrat, the Far Cry 4 world is shown in a completely different way. The player’s battles take on the form of a re-telling of a long-past war that Pagan Min’s elite guard, the Rakshasa, fought against the Golden Path rebellion.
Each faction has their own unique set of weapons and skills and players will have to adapt to their strengths and weaknesses while making their own progress within this multiplayer mode.
The Rakshasa are the mythical warriors of Kyrat with strong ties to their natural surroundings. They can call upon animals to help in both defending and attacking positions. The Rakshasa only use traditional weapons, specifically the bow, but are capable of crafting multiple alterations to their weapons.
The Golden Path is all about its arsenal: guns, vehicles and tech-enhanced capabilities. They have access to a variety of weapon types, including assault rifles, shotguns, and multiple explosives. Finally, the Golden Path has access to bell towers, allowing them to spot the hidden enemy from far away.”
The multiplayer mode consists of:
- 5v5 round-based matches
- Asymmetrical gameplay where the players take on each faction. The team with the best overall performance on both wins the match
- 20 minutes average match length
- 10 maps at launch
- Outpost – the Golden Path works to establish an outpost in the region while the Rakshasa has to get rid of them and secure the outpost for Pagan Min.
- Propaganda – the Golden Path has to destroy three Pagan Min installations while the Rakshasa protects them.
- Demon Mask – both sides have to find the mask and return it to their home base.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.