Let’s take a look at every fact and rumour of 2012’s E3 ahead of the event.
What will Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have to show us at E3 2012? Activision might reveal the next Call Of Duty and Ubisoft might reveal Assassin’s Creed III.
Take a look at every piece of information, to find out what could appear at this year’s E3.
- ‘Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’ To Be Playable At E3
- Satoru Iwata confirmed that the Wii U’s “final form” will be revealed at E3 2012. Hopefully with a little more explanation with how the console will be used.
- Red 5, developer of free-to-play shooter MMO Firefall, has announced that it has dropped out of E3 2012 due to the ESA’s support of the controversial SOPA and PIPA legislation. So no Firefall at E3 2012.
- Microsoft’s senior marketing director Jose Pinero says the introduction of Kinect has extended Xbox 360’s lifespan, claiming “at the moment, we have nothing to announce” regarding an Xbox 720 announcement at E3.
- A recent report suggested the Wii U could support two controllers rather than the previously confirmed single controller.
- The next Xbox, tentatively dubbed Xbox 720, is rumored to be based on a tablet/Wii U/iPad style device.
- An insider source has claimed next-gen successors of the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be shown at E3 2012.
- Following the pattern set by previous years, the next Call Of Duty could be revealed in one of E3’s keynote presentations.
- Plenty of rumors to suggest Assassin’s Creed III is on its way, Ubisoft will reveal the next game at some point before the end of Ubisoft’s fiscal year on March 31.
- Halo 4 confirmed for 2012, it’s safe to assume we’d see Halo 4 at this year’s E3.
- Sony and Naughty Dog’s latest project The Last Of Us has been in development for some years now, we might see The Last Of Us at Sony’s press conference
- Rockstar doesn’t have a habit of using these press events to demo their games, but with an expected release date of 2012 it must be high time to see something from GTA V.
We will update more as we get more news.