Bethesda Softworks and Arkane Studios‘ action-adventure stealth role-playing game is out now and owners on PC version are reporting Dishonored 2 performance issues.
The issues include flickering black screen after loading the game in full screen mode, performance drops after Alt-Tab switch and various performance issues.
Arkane Studios is aware of the issues and in the meantime, the developer has provided workarounds to help better the experience:
- Avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Relaunch the game if you see performance dropping after using Alt-tab.
- Avoid having background applications running in addition to the game.
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate under 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50%) and default value (75%).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
If you experience any other issues with the game, you can report them here.