Deep Silver is bringing back their iconic action role-playing survival horror video game series, Dead Island to the new generation.
The Dead Island: Definitive Collection features “fully remastered and greatly improved versions of both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide set to deliver the ultimate Dead Island experience ever.”
The rebuilding of both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide on Techland‘s next gen engine brings with it a significant visual & performance overhaul, introducing many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects:
- Higher Quality Textures – Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system – The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look, enhancing the stunning tropical setting
- Physically based shading – The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing – The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets – All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects – The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI – Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Current-gen Console Experience – The Dead Island Redux Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up – And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
Additionally, a classic side-scrolling/endless runner action game, Dead Island: Retro Revenge is making its debut.
- Retro look meets melee-based combat
- Featuring leaderboards, achievements and plenty of depth
- Game mechanics include power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
The Dead Island: Definitive Collection ($39.99/€39.99/£29.99) is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and a free game, Dead Island Retro Revenge! The collection is available now for pre-order here.
You can also buy Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition separately for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99.
The Dead Island: Definitive Collection is scheduled for May 31, 2016 release on Xbox One, PlayStation, and PC.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.