The German video game and software developer, Crytek‘s Crysis Remastered delayed.
Crysis Remastered was announced in April 2020 for PC, PS4, Switch, & Xbox One for a July 2020 release, but now it has been pushed back a few weeks, here’s a statement from the developer:
Dear Crysis fans,
As you know, Crysis Remastered will be coming into the world this year—and at the same time the Crysis IP will debut on Nintendo Switch!
Your passion for the Crysis franchise deserves an undeniably high-quality game, and we are committed to delivering just that. To ensure that we meet that commitment, we will need to delay the launch date (all platforms) and trailer premiere by a few weeks. Because they already started, pre-orders for Switch will stay open, but pre-orders for all other platforms will be delayed as well.
The features you’re looking forward to are already set, but we want to take the time on polishing the game. You might be aware of the leak yesterday, and we want you to know: we’ve seen all the reactions—the good and the bad—and we’re listening! We’re still working on a number of things in game, as well as the storefront. Please keep the love coming, and rest assure, you’ll have the game you love shortly!
This extra time until release will allow us to get Crysis Remastered up to the PC- and console-breaking standard you’ve come to expect from Crysis games. We hope you understand what we’re up to—stay with us while we take the time to make a few more improvements. Stay tuned, and we’ll have that game in your hands as soon as we possibly can.
We’ll keep you updated on our progress, so please hang in there, and check back here for updates!
The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around—now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.
- Suit Up – Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt – In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize – A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer – Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges—including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore – Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
Crysis Remastered will now launch sometime in August 2020 for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.