The German video game and software developer, Crytek‘s Crysis Remastered release date has finally been revealed for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Crysis Remastered was announced on April 16, scheduled for release on July 23.
However, due to poor reception to a leaked trailer, the developers delayed the game for all platforms other than the Switch. The launch was delayed to improve the game’s visual quality.
And now check out the brand new trailer showing off the tech after the jump!
“Co-developed with Saber Interactive, the classic first person shooter will focus on the original game’s single-player campaign and is slated to contain high-quality textures up to 8K, HDR support, temporal anti-aliasing, Screen Space Directional Occlusion (SSDO), Global Illumination (SVOGI), state-of-the-art depth fields, new light settings, motion blur, parallax occlusion mapping, Screen Space Reflections and Shadows (SSR & SSS) as well as new and updated particle effects and more. Further additions such as ray tracing enhance the game with a major visual upgrade.
For the first time a Crytek game will feature ray tracing on Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro powered by CRYENGINE’s proprietary software based ray tracing solution.
The PC version will additionally support NVIDIA® DLSS technology and hardware-based ray tracing using NVIDIA’s VKRay Vulkan extension, for NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX GPU.
In Crysis, what begins as a simple rescue mission becomes the battleground of a new war as alien invaders swarm over a North Korean island chain.
Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can become invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or boost strength to lay waste to vehicles.
The Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight, while a huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style.
In the ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and gear to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.”
- Suit Up – Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt – In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize – A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer – Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges—including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore – Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
Crysis Remastered will launch PC (via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on September 18 for $29.99 / €29.99.