Electronic Arts & Criterion Games announced Burnout Paradise Remastered for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Burnout Paradise Remastered invites you to wreak havoc and unleash automotive anarchy once more. Players will be transported back into the world of Paradise City to tear it up in the ultimate driving playground, from hectic downtown avenues to the wild mountain roads.
Pull off high-octane stunts and create insane car destruction in one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever created.
Burnout Paradise Remastered includes the original base game and the eight add-on game packs released during the Year of Paradise, including the extension to the drivable world with Big Surf Island.
The game also features a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity, including high resolution textures for players to explore Paradise City in 4K with supporting 60FPS on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
“When people think of Criterion Games, they often remember the Burnout franchise and for good reason. What we created 10 years ago, we feel is still fun and unique to this day in the gaming industry,” said Matt Webster, General Manager at Criterion Games.
“Burnout Paradise is an arcade racer built to provide players the thrill of racing with their friends, in a free form way that was both seamless and immersive, but also a little crazy with all the different stunts and crashes players could pull off. With the release of this remaster, we’re able to share this action-packed ride with a whole new generation of players.”
Return to Paradise City
In 2008, the original Burnout Paradise™ came roaring off the starting line ready to demolish the competition. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts, and — most importantly — shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise set the bar for what an action racing game could be. And now, ten years later, it’s back and ready to show a new generation of consoles the true definition of a “smash hit.”
The Definitive Burnout Paradise Experience
Relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction of one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever. Featuring a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, it plays natively in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in 4K at 60fps on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
Explore Paradise City with Friends
Burn rubber and shred metal across the open roads of Paradise City while discovering jumps, stunts, and shortcuts. Wreck your friends online or join forces to demolish hundreds of online challenges.
- Race and Destroy – Toss out that driver’s handbook and set speed and destruction records all over town.
- Up to Four Players – Toss out that driver’s handbook and set speed and destruction records all over town.
- 4K Graphics – Take in all the magnificent mayhem on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X with 60 fps in stunning 4K.
- Full-Throttle Graphics – Take in all the magnificent mayhem on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X with 60 fps in stunning 4K.
Includes Eight Main DLC Packs from the Year of Paradise
With nearly 100 cars, 10 tracks, and loads of extra challenges and goodies, the included eight packs of DLC make Burnout Paradise Remastered the definitive Paradise City experience:
- Big Surf Island – New challenges, discoverables, and events, along with nine new vehicles abound as you head out to discover the huge Big Surf Island district for some race and relaxation.
- Cops and Robbers – Hit the throttle for justice as you play both sides of the law in the Cops and Robbers Pack. Adds a new online game mode along with police variations for 33 of Paradise’s original vehicles.
- Legendary Cars – Four of the greatest automobiles ever to grace Paradise City come together in the Legendary cars pack. Includes the Carson GT Nighthawk, Hunter Cavalry Bootlegger, Hunter Manhattan Spirit, and the Jansen 88 Special.
- Burnout Bikes – Who needs four wheels when you can race, stunt, and crash on just two with Burnout Bikes? Includes four motorbikes: FV1100, FV1100-T1, Firehawk V4, and Firehawk GP Competition.
- Burnout Paradise Toys – Take the remote control on these irresponsibly fast toy cars in the Toys Pack. Includes toy versions of the following cars: Hunter Cavalry, Hunter Manhattan, Krieger WTR, Jansen P12, Hunter Takedown 4×4, Carson GT Concept, Hunter Citizen, Carson Inferno Van, and the Nakamura Firehawk GP Competition Bike.
- Burnout Paradise Party – Step into the hot seat with the Party Pack and pass the controls in couch co-op to complete challenges with friends.
- Boost Specials – Get behind the wheel of the Carson Extreme Hot Rod or the Montgomery Hawker Mech in the Boost Specials pack.
- Cagney – A vanload of new modes and challenges await in the Cagney update – along with the Carson Hippy Van. Includes two brand new vehicles and additional “community” vehicle finishes.
Burnout Paradise Remastered will be available digitally and in stores March 16, 2018 for £34.99 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
It will be available later this year on Origin for PC, bringing the Big Surf Island add-on to PC players for the very first time. EA Access members will also get to play Burnout Paradise Remastered before its worldwide launch, starting on March 9, 2018 via the Play First Trial.
Source: Press Release.