Battlefield 3 holds the top spot on the UK All Formats Chart for the second week running, despite dropping a 54% of its sales compared to last week, BF3 has fended off some strong opposition to hold off Uncharted 3 at the top of the UK charts.
It’s the first time a Battlefield series has held onto the top spot for more than two weeks. ‘Battlefield: Bad Company 2’, was only No1 for its debut week before being dethroned by Square Enix’s ‘Final Fantasy XIII’ back in March 2010 .
Despite a heavy and agressive advertising push from Sony, The Naughty Dog’s latest installment in the PS3 exclusive Uncharted series, ‘Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception’, has to settle for second place, recording the 11th highest PS3 launch week. It achieved an increase of 37% in sales from the previous title, ‘Uncharted 2: Among Thieves’, which also debuted at No2 over two years ago, pipped at the post by another EA title, ‘FIFA 10’ according to sales monitor Chart-Track.
Sega’s Sonic Generations enters the top ten at the bottom end of it. while Activision’s Goldeneye: Reloaded for PS3 and 360 enters at 16.
Here’s the Top 20 for the week ending November 5th:
1. Battlefield 3 (EA)
2. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (Sony)
3. FIFA 12 (EA)
4. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
5. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
6. Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
7. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
8. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
9. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
10. Sonic Generations (Sega)
11. F1 2011 (Codemasters)
12. Kinect Sports
13. PES 2012 (Konami)
14. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
15. Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
16. Goldeneye: Reloaded (Activision)
17. The Sims 3: Pets (EA)
18. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
19. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
20. Rage (Bethesda)
Leisure software charts compiled by GFK Chart-Track, © 2005-2011 UKIE LTD