Warner Bros. Pictures has moved the release of their highly anticipated action adventure, Man of Steel sequel, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice from May 6, 2016, to March 25, 2016 to avoid confrontation with Marvel Studios’ Captain America 3.
Batman V Superman will now face off Brett Ratner’s Beverly Hills Cop 4. WB also announced their massive schedule of additional DC movies, along with two “event” films.
Here is the upcoming DC movie theatrical release date slate:
- Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice – March 25th, 2016
- Untitled DC Film – August 5th, 2016
- Untitled DC Film – June 23rd, 2017
- Untitled DC Film – November 17th, 2017
- Untitled DC Film – March 23rd, 2018
- Untitled DC Film – July 27th, 2018
- Untitled DC Film – April 5th, 2019
- Untitled DC Film – June 14th, 2019
- Untitled DC Film – April 3rd, 2020
- Untitled DC Film – June 19th, 2020
The above batch of films is sure to include Justice League and other maybe spinoff movies.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder, written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.
Based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment.
It stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Diane Lane and Scoot McNairy.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is scheduled to hit theaters on March 25, 2016.
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.
Source: Warner Bros.