The next entry in Ubisoft’s action-adventure video-game series, Assassin’s Creed will be Assassin’s Creed Origins.
Ubisoft is yet to officially announce the title but the details and screenshots from the game have made its way online.
The first Assassin’s Creed Origins details and screenshot are yet to be confirmed, so take all of this with a grain of salt, get all the stuff after the jump:
- The game is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal. It will be lead by Ashraf Ismail as the game director and the story written by Darby McDevitt.
- Set in Ancient Egypt, supposedly in the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom (2494 to 2345 BC).
- The character has a shield, spear and a bow.
- Features naval gameplay (but not naval combat) and horse gameplay. Mirages might be part of the game as well.
- Features smaller gameplay segments taking place in the same setting but different time periods.
- Combat is supposedly ‘freeform’, similar to Witcher 3. In fact the game itself has a ‘witcher’ feel to it.
- The world is seamless. You can go from water to land to city without a loading screen.
- Ubisoft will kick off their marketing campaign by the end of this month, with a full reveal at E3, including cinematic and gameplay trailers and gameplay demos.
- Desmond Miles will NOT be in the game.
- Features a controllable pet eagle. (probably an interactive version of eagle vision)
- The game is roughly 3 times the size of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. It is said to be very colourful.
- Features Khenut, the Queen of Egypt during the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom, and is wife of King Unas.
AC Origins will be the tenth major installment in the Assassin’s Creed series, and the successor to 2015’s Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
Assassin’s Creed Origins will release probably in October 2017 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.