Assassin’s Creed Origins cover art, magazine cover and new details has made its way online.
The next game in Ubisoft‘s action-adventure video-game series, Assassin’s Creed hasn’t been officially announced yet, but so much from the upcoming game has leaked revealing the name, gameplay details and more, check out everything after the jump:
In the game Bayek starts as a Medjay (sheriff type character) and is in his 30s. He will become the founder of the Brotherhood.
You can equip two bows and two melee weapons at once or just use fists, can fire multiple arrows at once, you will have to enhance your hidden blade (*stealth kills aren’t one hit kill anymore)
Mini map has been replaced for a navigation type one that is similar to Skyrim and Horizon. Free form combat, no counters, has an adrenaline thing that builds up as you fight. Horses and camels confirmed in the game. The Crocodile is indeed a target.
- More dynamic world
- NPC’s adapt to day/night cycle
- No sprint button, running speed is dependent on how far you push the left analog stick
- No radar, game uses Skyrim-esque compass
- Almost everything is climable and parkour is even more fluid
- Smarter AI, multiple guards will charge at you
- More than one playable character, Ubisoft is keeping this a secret for now
- Camel riding
- Underwater swimming, treasures and sunken ruins to explore
- Animals can attack NPC’s and even other animals
- More RPG centric for skill points; level cap at 40
- Bayek can use his shield to deflect arrows, and can pick up enemy arrows stuck to his shield
- Tomb raiding
- Optimized on Scorpio
- Started working on game before unity
- Brand new fighting system
- New A.I.
- No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top
- No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick
- Crouching is back
- Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies
- Takes place during the ascent and reign of Cleopatra
- You can climb everything in the game
- Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria
- The controllable eagle leak was true
- NPC’s have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and “answer the call of nature”
- Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger
- A.I. does not take turns to attack
- New combat system is more hit-box driven
- As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed
- Left shoulder button is lock on
- There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins)
- Stat element of customization is removed
- New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials
- Leveling system that has a level cap of 40
- Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret
- There are legendary items to loot in the game
- You can add blocked arrows to your inventory
- You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade
- Buttons for free-running up and down are removed
- Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches
- Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter)
- There are gladiator battles in arenas
- Customization – You can choose the look you want without this affecting stats
- Eagle vision is indeed through an eagle – called Senu
- Memphis and Alexandria are some of the cities in the game
AC Origins will be the tenth major installment in the Assassin’s Creed series, and the successor to 2015’s Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
The game will be officially announced during Ubisoft’s E3 2017 conference.
Assassin’s Creed Origins will release on October 27, 2017 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.