The latest Nintendo Gamer Magazine published the first details about the Wii U version of Assassin’s Creed III, revealing how the game will utilizes the Wii U tablet controller.
The following details were released via MyNintendoNews:
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Assassin’s Creed III will release on October 30 for PC, PS3, Xbox360 and Wii U.
Pre-Order Assassin’s Creed III
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.