µTorrent (or uTorrent; commonly abbreviated as “µT” or “uT“) is a freeware, closed source BitTorrent client owned by BitTorrent, Inc.
It is the most widely used BitTorrent client outside China, where Xunlei is more popular. It gets the “µ” in its name from the SI prefix ”micro-“, referring to the program’s small memoryfootprint: the program is designed to use minimal computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients such as Vuze or BitComet.
- Show when files are allocating instead of disk overload
- Make the user interface use less CPU
- Refresh Add Torrent dialog with magnet link metadata
- Improve performance when writing to disk
- Change: add tracker.ccc.de as a default tracker
- Feature: disallow http connections to tracker.openbittorrent.com and tracker.publicbt.com
- Fix: disk cache size accounting
Download: µTorrent 3.2 (Build 27636) | 875 KB (Freeware)
You can like our page on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or add us to your circle on Google+ to keep yourself updated on all the latest news around the web.